Hello to all of our four-legged and two-legged friends who use and enjoy Country Canine!
Country Canine has now been open for 6 years (wow, has it been that long?). Over those years, we’ve learned a thing or two about our kennel, your needs as dog lovers and dog owners as well as what makes your dogs happy when they are here with us. With that in mind, we have some exciting news – we’re going to build a new and improved kennel that applies everything we’ve learned over the last 6 years!
We’re still in the planning stages but we’re hoping to include:
- More parking space (maybe even a drive through drop off for those of you that have cursed our turn around parking).
- More fenced in areas so the dogs can be walked off leash where they can sniff, run and play with larger open spaces.
- And while we are still planning, we would like to be a little further from the road for safety while you are dropping off and picking up.
- If everything goes according to plan, we will have a leash free pond area for even more of the dogs to enjoy (a not-too-deep, safe, well-supervised area to cool off when the summer heat hits).
- We also want you to know we will still offer heated floors, air conditioning and indoor/outdoor runs as well as the same service, cuddles and playtimes your dogs have gotten to know.
Unfortunately, there’s a bit of a downside too:
The not-so-great news is that we cannot do this on our current property. There will be a “for sale” sign going up in-front of the house BUT… don’t panic! The business is not for sale and we are doing all that we can to make sure there is as small a window as possible in the time we have to be closed for relocating.
Please know we are not going to just abandon you when we do relocate (as we hope you will stay with us now and through the move). We are going to give you as much advance warning as possible and help you to find a place that will be the right fit for your dog should you need that while we are in transition. You can still work with us to manage your kennel needs – in fact, very little should change for you as our clients except location.
Please check out our website www.dogsarewelcome.ca for the full scoop in the coming weeks, and don’t hesitate to call the kennel 519 599-5100 with any questions or concerns you may have. We know your dogs – they are like family to us and want to make sure this is not stressful for them, or for you! This move will make the kennel an even better place to bring your dog in the future!
We will keep everything that is happening up to date on the website so check in often or give us a call. We will happily fill you in!
Suzanne, Laurent and Ally